MetalCloak JK Long Arm

My personal feeling is.... Why? Shock travel is the only thing limiting the JK factory mid-arm design as it is now. In fact my 2.5" lift out flexes a Teraflex long arm kit..... So I think is only to fit in that market of "I Want" not a "I Need" like it was needed for the TJ... But that's my thoughts on that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Well he did say this was for the 4.5"+ lifts only and is not needed on the 3.5" or less lifts. So I agree with you on that. This will help with the overall travel of the axel at those heights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine660

Jeep Owner
Well he did say this was for the 4.5"+ lifts only and is not needed on the 3.5" or less lifts. So I agree with you on that. This will help with the overall travel of the axel at those heights.

Concur! I am at 4.5 and plan to upgrade

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Kjeeper10

Jeep Fanatic
I cant see why a long arm wont benefit 3.5+ any day? Unless its because of the rear drop bracket? Kinda disappoint in the rear but I understand why they did it that way.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I have to say I'm a fan of the brackets from what I see. They basically put the arms at the same level they would be with a long arm kit plus they have the skids.

As far as a 3.5. I'm sure they would work just fine. But are they really needed. I have always been intrigued by the lock and load...glad to see it available for the jk