Installed the new Gobi rack

No modifications needed. We did have to modify the a-pillar light mounts. Everything else bolted right together. It's a very well designed rack for sure.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
No modifications needed. We did have to modify the a-pillar light mounts. Everything else bolted right together. It's a very well designed rack for sure.

Awesome. When you buy something that large and it is shipped, one never knows how the accuracy of everything is.

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
How is wind noise? I have Kargo Master's Congo Cage and Safari basket on my JKUR. After just 50 miles I had to get the wind deflector as well because it was waaaay too noisy even with a hardtop.

There is wind noise, but it's not crazy. I actually just put a couple pool noodles in the two cross members that touch the top. I don't mind it, I can still talk on the Bluetooth at 70mph. So it's bearable. I would expect there to be zero noise with a hard top.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
That's nice. I'm considering ditching my light bar because of the noise. Drives me nuts. I got the whistling to stop, but it still loud. Love the racks and if I did a overland build it would be my first mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
That is awesome. How does this event work? I'm assuming this is a race.

10ARubiRed

Jeep Newb
The Gobi rack is on my wishlist. Do you know if the hardtop can still be removed with the rack tilted back or will the rack have to come off to remove the hardtop?

AnvilX

Jeep Owner
Looks great! That rack is on my list of things to buy for my Jeep. Thanks for the pictures. It looks great with the soft top. I️ have only seen them on hard tops. How does it look with the top down?

Looks great! That rack is on my list of things to buy for my Jeep. Thanks for the pictures. It looks great with the soft top. I️ have only seen them on hard tops. How does it look with the top down?

Here are a couple I found.

Santi0660

Jeep Newb
Ordered mine during black Friday from Trail Duty.com. Free shipping,free ladder,freewind deflector,free accessory ( I got the quick disconnects) and no tax (cali). Now just waiting for delivery. They are saying 12 weeks.....pictures look good.we are setting up for overlanding...2015 jku Rubicon

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JordyRies

Jeep Newb
IMG_2581.jpg

Im a big fan of the gobi rack. Its been a great addition to the JK for us for camping, hauling, gear, x2 kayaks, etc. My only gripe is the wind deflector, i've had mine installed for about 2 years... every so often something tweaks it and then it harmonics like a SOB lol. It can take a bit to dial it back in to where it doesn't vibrate under normal driving conditions, but the pain is worth it.