From East Central Illinois

Bensylrm

Jeep Newb
Found this forum via the rock auto newsletter today. Sure looks like I might be the first WK owner here... So for the intro, below, is "Rikki Tikki Tavi". Rikki is my 05 grand Cherokee, Laredo, 4.7L. Rightly named due to rickety squeaking bushings and a ticking engine due to an exhaust manifold bolt that keeps coming loose. Over the last 5 years or so, we have been though a lot together. I haven't let a mechanic touch Rikki except to put new tires on and do alignments. Rikki is sporting an OME HD lift with MLL's in the rear, and a nice set of Rubi take-offs from a '15 wrangler. I've learned how to do brakes/calipers, swap all fluids, install suspension, and so much more. Look forward to talking with everyone. Let me know if anyone in my area needs a hand or wants to wheel. I'm always up for helping others (and learning new things) and hitting a trail.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

G

Gary

Welcome to the forum Bensylrm.
Seems you're a handy guy to know with all that knowledge.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Welcome Bensylrm! Love the WK. Miss mine for sure. One of the more comfortable rides i have every had. You ever make your way south to wheel?

Bensylrm

Jeep Newb
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, I don't get out much, or nearly as much as I wish I could. Mostly just local paths, farming areas. Would like to find some people in the Illinois/Indiana area going to the badlands park in Attica, IN. I wouldn't discriminate if an outside the area group sent me an invite to go. As long as I have the time... That's the biggest hurdle.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Well then get down to TN and we can hit Windrock....invite done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
It's a blast. 77k acres of off road fun.

We are heading back down to Adventure Off-road Park in a couple weeks. Great little place to wheel.

Hope you can make it down sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk