Wheres the Winch?

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I have only had Warns on our Jeep.
The first one I bought, was used and in good shape.
Then I won one at a Cal4Wheel event that is on the Jeep now.
Won a second one last year that I sold.
These one I won and sold were both the Zeon 10i with Synthetic rope.

I much prefer the synthetic rope over the steel cable for the weight issue.
We also have a Factor 55 Flat Link on the end for a closed loop winching system.
From a safety perspective, synthetic rope and a Factor 55 link is the best you can buy.

View attachment 420

Todd
Todd, I think I have said it before. But incase I haven't, I love your jeep. Just has that old school feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stitch1

Jeep Newb
I am running a SmittyBilt X2O and it gets the job done. I would have liked to have gotten the Warn Zeon but for the price I could get two of these. So far its pulled me up a hill as a test and got me up a ledge that was too slick for me to make it up without damage. I am glad I have it. It seems any winch seems better than no winch.

IMG_20171023_163553.jpg

Hank

Jeep Newb
I am running a SmittyBilt X2O and it gets the job done. I would have liked to have gotten the Warn Zeon but for the price I could get two of these. So far its pulled me up a hill as a test and got me up a ledge that was too slick for me to make it up without damage. I am glad I have it. It seems any winch seems better than no winch.
I've been running an X20 for 2 years, with quite a bit of use. It hasn't let me down yet. I also would have liked a Warn, but couldn't justify the price.
My Smitty has earned its money, and if/when it gives up the ghost, I'll probably get another. (unless it gives up in the next 3 years, in which case I'll make them replace this one)

Santi0660

Jeep Newb
Like everyone else said; Expensive! But worth every penny!

I have the same setup. Very tight fit but it fits. I tried getting a Warn cover but could not get it on. I don’t think that I can even get a different grill in there without removing the Winch. Yes a great winch that has not failed me out here in SoCal

JordyRies

Jeep Newb
I have the Warn Zeon Platnium 10,000. Works like a charm ! Just make sure you keep the remote charged for when you need it... otherwise youll be waiting for a while stuck while you plug it in to charge lol.
Big fan of the synthetic line as you can "re-weave" the line should it break. Factor 55 makes a great splice needle kit as well as closed winching accessories !
Cheers

URJV2187.jpg

Cobb1979

Jeep Newb
I installed a Warn Zeon 12S. When it comes to needing a tool for recovery, I wanted to spend the extra money for a proven winch.