Rottenbellys jeep #2

Rottenbelly

Jeep Newb
Well i had a 07 jeep that i sold and just couldnt stand to not have a jeep. So i finally tracked down a 2015 sport with a manual trans that i wanted.
Started off adding rubi wheels and rocksliders with a PSC bumper and Recon 10.5 winch.

Next i added some protection. Evo skid system, PSC evap skid and rocker armor behind the rubi rails. Flowmaster HP 2 exhaust that tucks up out of the way nicely.

Doing the Nutserts before powdercoat.

Found a good deal on some Spyderlocs with 35 treapadors so i decided to do a leveling kit with cut fenders for now.
Leveling kit before cut fenders....

Cut fenders and 35s with leveling kit.

Shakedown run with rocker armor on .

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Loving the wheels. Looking to add those rings to my slabs. How was the install on the rocker body armor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rottenbelly

Jeep Newb
Loving the wheels. Looking to add those rings to my slabs. How was the install on the rocker body armor?

Thanks. The body armor is not bad to install. I have done quite a few but that first few are intimidating. Drilling the holes straight is critical. Then for the nutserts i used a battery powered impact and carefully tightened them. if overtightened they will just spin, then have to be drilled out.

Rottenbelly

Jeep Newb
So i ran the leveling kit while i saved up my pennies for the next stage of the build.
Rubicon axles with 5:13 gears,dynatrac prosteer ball joints,EVO sleeves and gussets and PSC dif covers.

Then wired up the lockers and lights on a daystar pillar pod with OTRATTW switches.

then the fun stuff!!
3.5 Game changer kit with Fox adjustable resi shocks.
New level 8 wheels wheels and 37 mud grapplers.
Lod destroyer shorty bumper with the rack and jerry can holders.
My son and i installed the lift in the garage in about 7 hrs.
got everything on and went to my crawl spot to check bumpstops and clearance.

Up next is rancho high steer knuckles with synsergy tie rod and draglink with a WTO redneck ram setup.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
How do those mud graps hook up to the rocks?

On the ram, are you going to run the reservoir and intercooler? Or just run it straight to ram?

Rottenbelly

Jeep Newb
How do those mud graps hook up to the rocks?

On the ram, are you going to run the reservoir and intercooler? Or just run it straight to ram?

The mud grapplers are actually awesome in the rocks. Out here there is so much traction a bald tire even works good!
Even better on wet rocks! My old jeep climbing rattler at SMORR in Missouri.

I ran a cooler on my other jeep with the WTO redneck ram, but it's really not needed. I am not going to put one on this time.
I would boil the power steering fluid before I got the ram on hard crawls. Afterwards I never had a problem with it.