The First and Must Have Jeep Mod

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I have had a lot of Jeeps in my life and I was thinking about the first mod I did to almost all of them. It was tough.

Since most were used Jeep, I found myself always buying new tires for it. Getting a bit more aggressive and going slightly larger.

What would you say is the first Jeep mod each person should consider after they learn to drive it.

Pthorpe84

Staff member

The first thing I did to my first jeep was chop the fenders and bumper. Gave a much more aggressive look.

With that said, if your going to take it off road....put a skid on that oil pan! Ask me now I know....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimoldblue

Jeep Owner
My first jeep mod on "Old blue" (07 JK) was a lift and tires. And like most I learned the hard way.

But from that experience I learned. And before my new jeep went on any trails he (Leonidas) was Cloaked.

Todd Ockert

On my Jeep, I put the lift and larger tires.
Then went with armor and skid plates, fenders.
then started breaking things, and the cycle got crazy.

No oil pan skid though, even though it does have a slight scratch on it!

Todd

Jus Jim

Jeep Owner
perhaps not really mods but if folks are going to wheel please get a fire extinguisher, recovery kit and a cb.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Agreed[emoji1318][emoji1318] and I still need the fire extinguisher

Todd Ockert

perhaps not really mods but if folks are going to wheel please get a fire extinguisher, recovery kit and a cb.
Most organized events require this stuff to participate.

Don't cheap out on this stuff either, because when you need it, you want it to work.

Todd

Pthorpe84

Staff member
this is a great reminder as to why we should all have a fire extinguisher. Fellow Jeeper in LA lost his due to not having one.