How many ordered their Jeep?

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I was wondering how many people ordered the Jeep they wanted or if you just found one you liked on the dealership lot?

We have three Jeeps:

One was searched out and drove 2 hours for.
My wifes was one of three that were all the same, we picked one.
The thrid was a spefic build to order so we could get the right gear ratio and everything we wanted, and did not want.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
Have not ordered a jeep but I am looking at ordering a set of the new headlights. They look really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic
What are the forums saying ?

I was just a convertible vehicle shopper. I picked more toward the luxury end (not that a jeep has much to offer there compared to other SUVs) and because it looked good. The salesman never even muttered the word Rubicon to me. Heck, I could have at least got the MW3 edition with the AEV bumpers!

Oh well, next time.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I'm really shocked how many are ordering them with the new body style coming. Not to mention a diesel option. Just seems like a waste for the most part.

SSinGA....depending on what your wanting to do you will be just fine with a sport. I will tell you, the leather option is the best thing you can do. Makes cleaning mud out so much easier.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I'm really shocked how many are ordering them with the new body style coming. Not to mention a diesel option. Just seems like a waste for the most part.

SSinGA....depending on what your wanting to do you will be just fine with a sport. I will tell you, the leather option is the best thing you can do. Makes cleaning mud out so much easier.

I remember when the JK came out, people bought TJ's because they were the last real Jeep built. Now the JK is accepted as a good vehicle, people are going to buy the last model year to avoid issues in the first few new model years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SSinGA

Jeep Fanatic

LOL. I ordered mine almost 5 years ago. If I knew I'd be off roading as much as I have been I prob would have ordered the Rubicon instead of a loaded Sahara.

FWIW...I ordered w/o leather because I knew I wanted seat covers for weather protection. Plus AL sun and black leather + bare legs = lost skin.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I was a bit confused on the post. I had thought you had yours for a while. All well. I got a sport with my first one, and was glad I traded it for the rubicon. It fits my needs very well at the moment.

I will be honest. I have never been burnt by it. It's warm, but not hot like the old vinyl seats.

timatoe

Jeep Fanatic
Not to go too far off topic but I've found the same with having leather seats (not in my Jeep) and think people often think of 70's vinyl when thinking hot leather, I've just never found them to be too hot in the summer.

Anyhow, back to your regularly scheduled new Jeep talk.......

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Agreed. Like the super duty air condition leather....now that is nice

It is, but the Jeep GC has a nicer setup. I imagine one could easily move those seats over if they wanted. The leather is slightly different in color.

pedalwrench

Jeep Newb
I ordered because dealers don't stock what I want. I spent a long time reading forums and considering ALL of my options, before eventually settling on a JK. If the used Wrangler market was more like other cars, I probably would have gone with a 09-11, ie if I could have gotten into a decent one for ~$10k. Once I decided to go new, ordering exactly what I want made the most sense. Yes, I'm one of those that wanted a known quantity JK over the unknown (for a year or two, anyway) JL. I went basic:

2018 JK Sport 24B
Auto
Half doors
AC
LED
Firecracker Red

Ordered 8-16. I'm expecting to see it in late October at the earliest. I'm in no hurry, I have a garage to clean out and a truck to sell.

dbrust

Jeep Newb
I order a 14 JK unlimited. It was a base model and had the dealer put on locked front and rear diffs with 4:10 gears and a 3 inch lift. I did not want a luxury Jeep. I wanted a trail rig and that is what I got. It was great off road.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I order a 14 JK unlimited. It was a base model and had the dealer put on locked front and rear diffs with 4:10 gears and a 3 inch lift. I did not want a luxury Jeep. I wanted a trail rig and that is what I got. It was great off road.
You sir have an awesome dealer. Most wouldn’t do that...or atleast in my experiences.