A Little JK Cloaking Going On!

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Here is the skid and how my sway bar motor looks.

The jeep is on the ground and under its own power....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pthorpe84

Staff member
We installed the lower skid piece last night and it will not save the sway bar motor. It makes it look better and more finished, but really does not protect anything major.
Good to know before I spend the money on it. I may go ahead and flip it this weekend. Need something to do since the turkeys aren't gobbling.

BoneShaker

Jeep Owner
Hey Brian, I noticed a pic from page 1 showing the extended rear brake line routed inside the sway bar area is that the best route? I have mine just somewhat bent at the base of the line leaning towards the outside of the sway bar, I have been concerned about this and where was the best way to route the rear lines. I do not want to rub through the line anywhere like mine could with the tire or could you get a rub from being inside the sway bar?

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Hey Brian, I noticed a pic from page 1 showing the extended rear brake line routed inside the sway bar area is that the best route? I have mine just somewhat bent at the base of the line leaning towards the outside of the sway bar, I have been concerned about this and where was the best way to route the rear lines. I do not want to rub through the line anywhere like mine could with the tire or could you get a rub from being inside the sway bar?
The picture looks like it is in between the sway bar, but it is not. I have them angled the same as you, but i tucked them behind the frame attachment to keep them out of the way while working. IMHO, this would be a great place for a braided stainless steel brake line. It is a place where it is easily seen and caught on items.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic

Got her out today to have the alignment checked. No adjustment needed. Nice to see a 50 degree day.

mtnmods

Jeep Newb
Great post. Can I suggest you get some quality wrenches for Christmas? Bad wrenches on quality parts is like painting your Ferrari with Rustoleum.:dunno::O

Santi0660

Jeep Newb
We made some more progress. Still missing a few key parts to move on.

The winch was super tight.

It pushes the grill back just a bit

I put the same winch on a rugged ridge xhd and have the same issue. We tried putting a Warn cover on it and had to send the cover back....