A Little JK Cloaking Going On!

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
This thread wont be real time, but I will do my best to take some pictures along the way. We are putting a 3.5" Game Changer lift on a 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock. MetalCloak front and rear bumper will replace the factory ones along with a Warn Xeon winch. We are trying to have fun with this as we push some deadlines to get ready for spring. :nerd:

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Here are some pictures from working on the front.

More to come!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

aweston

Jeep Newb
Great post look forward to seeing it done. I have been looking at the 2.5 kit, will be good to have any tips on install.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Here is my first tip, have spring compressors on hand. I was able to get the fronts in, but not the rear.

Doing some of the brake lines. Simple stuff but could be intimidating for someone who has not purged a system of air. I use the motive product power bleeder.

Once all the brake lines were done I started with taking the back apart. The 4 post lift sucks to do this stuff on and sometimes it would be better on the ground.

I felt like I was cheating here, but the inspection camera was so nice for getting the rear upper control arm bolt in with the blind nut.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Here is where I left it because I loaned out my spring compressor.

Nothing is hard, but I am working alone this weekend so something's that take three hands slow me up.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Continued to button things up. Tires and rims will go on tomorrow!

Jus Jim

Jeep Owner
Did you end up with any bow in your rear springs? Mine isn't bad right now, I'm still running stock drive shaft but I know I'm going to have to rotate the axle when I put a new shaft on and that has me a little concerned.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
With the 4 door, there is no bow in my springs and the pinion angle looks great for the rear drive shaft. I have the yokes changed on the T case front and rear but only the front drive shaft mounted.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Working on driveshafts and other small items. One step forward and two back. Even the wheel weights fell off the rims and the tires had to go back and get balanced again...

Test fit of the rim and tire before it went back for balancing.

Shop needs to be cleaned. :)

Matsonian

Administrator
Staff member
Did you end up with any bow in your rear springs? Mine isn't bad right now, I'm still running stock drive shaft but I know I'm going to have to rotate the axle when I put a new shaft on and that has me a little concerned.
A little bow is normal, but Metalcloak is releasing a small adapter soon that will help correct that on the JK lifts.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
We made some more progress. Still missing a few key parts to move on.

The winch was super tight.

It pushes the grill back just a bit

Rsed780

Jeep Newb
Looking good, and thanks for the pics. I am planning on doing the same thing just need to save my pennies.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I think I am going to have to do it. I am concerned the rocks will get to it. I have the cloak stubby but I did not get the lower skid piece. Curious if it will actually protect the sway bar or if it is more for asthetics.

I really am not looking forward to taking the bumper back off. .....

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
I think I am going to have to do it. I am concerned the rocks will get to it. I have the cloak stubby but I did not get the lower skid piece. Curious if it will actually protect the sway bar or if it is more for asthetics.

I really am not looking forward to taking the bumper back off. .....
We installed the lower skid piece last night and it will not save the sway bar motor. It makes it look better and more finished, but really does not protect anything major.