SPOD experince anyone

BoneShaker

Jeep Owner
Have you or someone you know ever installed the basic 6 switch kit on a 07 JK? Was it easy, or a pain, I am contemplating this mod, thanks.

Matsonian

Administrator
Staff member
Fairly easy. sPod's design makes it fit really well and running the wiring is straight forward.

BoneShaker

Jeep Owner
Thanks for the reply Matsonian, I have been looking at sPod for awhile now. I just need the courage to press the "add to cart" button and give an explanation of "why" that's what I get for letting wife do the financing. Truth be known it is a good thing she takes care of the books I would have spent a bunch more than I have in my short time (1 yr.) of owning my Jeep.

BoneShaker

Jeep Owner
Ok, sPod is installed, I will have to get some pic's when I figure out how the best way to display them here. It took me a little longer then the suggested time but that's just me making sure everything was just right. Its a little expensive but with my lack of knowledge it is the perfect item for my lighting accessories that I don't own yet.

Brian

Jeep Fanatic
Ok, sPod is installed, I will have to get some pic's when I figure out how the best way to display them here. It took me a little longer then the suggested time but that's just me making sure everything was just right. Its a little expensive but with my lack of knowledge it is the perfect item for my lighting accessories that I don't own yet.
Electrical items always take us time because we work to make them look like the factory installed them. Lots of wire loom and we solder everything. Cannot wait to see it!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BoneShaker

Jeep Owner
There will be no pictures, I have spent all the time that I can afford trying to downsize them, add them, can't even select a smiley face or in my case an unhappy face without the forum screen locking up, maybe some day??

Jeep

Jeep Newb
First add-on I got for my 2013 was the sPOD. Install was easy. Wired in some lights and the twin ARB compressor. Piece of cake. Good call getting it ordered up. Now figure out how to post pictures so we can see it!

DirtyJK

Jeep Newb
After meeting the owner of sPod at the Offroad expo in Pomona last year I wouldn't buy anything from his company. What a jerk! Switch-Pros on the other hand is absolutely awesome to deal with.

Gburkett

Jeep Newb
I built my own for less than $40. Run all my accessories and air compressor. I used a fuse box from an XJ and rewired it.

TJMtl

Jeep Newb
I have the touchscreen model in my JK and got quite a scare when I relocating it a bit and shorted out the screen. I thought I fried it until I saw the little fuse in the Source box.

Regular 6 switch in my TJ, seems easier to use when bouncing around, though less options.

Pthorpe84

Staff member
I opted for the cheap azz Chinese version. So far so good. Everything appeared to be made well and no signs of poor connections or oxidation. Fitment was great and the jeep has yet to burn to the ground[emoji1303]. For me it was just the over all cost that got me. Boards, fuses, wires, and switches are all made in China no matter the manufacture. So I went with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jknic

Jeep Newb
I opted for the cheap azz Chinese version. So far so good. Everything appeared to be made well and no signs of poor connections or oxidation. Fitment was great and the jeep has yet to burn to the ground[emoji1303]. For me it was just the over all cost that got me. Boards, fuses, wires, and switches are all made in China no matter the manufacture. So I went with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yson

Jeep Newb
I bought the appolointech and it's crazy good IMO.. A lot cheaper also and more functionality to it. The cover box inside the jeep is made out of metal instead of plastic and it also has the Volt meter intergrated witch you dont have with the basic Spod... It's also using real rocker switchs and not some cheap crap. I looked at these for several months before purchasing one and i'm very happy that I have went with the Apollointech instead of the crazy expensive Spod.. check em out.

https://www.amazon.com/Apollointech-Wrangler-2007-2018-Overhead-6-Switch/dp/B01CDTW03K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542376694&sr=8-1&keywords=apollointech