Greetings from north tx

Nosparedave

Jeep Newb
Hello all, Dave here, thought I'd jump in. My ride is a 2000 tj that I've brought back from the dead. It was a cheap craigslist score with broken glass, blown motor, caved in fenders, you name it, all done by the previous guy in only 79k miles. It is now back up with new everything including the motor, metal cloak front bumper and fenders, a new warn 8274, snorkel, and 33x10.5 km2's on Weld draglites plastidip black with stock jk springs up front and no other suspensions mods other than a spacer on the front to overcome the winch weight. Im all about low weight and lcg so no spare, thus the name. My flat tire plan is fixaflat, tire plugs, aaa, or a wife in the other jeep.

I'll try to post pics but don't see the image button on this phone. This was a multi year budget rebuild all done at home with my kids. We do have another jeep, a jku that is a 2wd mall crawler and a new 2 door rubicon on order and have been mild wheeling jeep owners for over 20 years but always learning something new. Thanks for having me and be safe out there.

PS- I loaded an image of my jeep with the old wheels on it, some 2014 take-offs, I'll get better pics of the new combo soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

El Sanchimoto

Jeep Owner
Welcome Dave!

Sounds like that TJ of yours has been there and back a few times over, but it's in great hands now.

Bet you're stoked to get (and start over again) that JKR! I love my JKUR so I know you'll be having a blast.

Cheers-